Following on from the revised suspension designs of Santa Cruz’s long travel 27.5 bikes, the Nomad and the Bronson, they have created this – the Megatower! Featuring 160mm travel (delivered through either coil or air) longer, more modern geometry and a nicely slack 65º head angle, this is definitely on the more burly end of the spectrum when it comes to long travel 29ers! More details to come but for now, see below for all the specs and glossy photos direct from Santa Cruz:
- Wheel Size: 29”
- Size Range: S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Materials: C and CC carbon
- Rear Travel: 160mm, Front Travel: 160mm
- Suspension: Lower-link mounted VPP
- Dropout flip chip allows 10mm chainstay length adjustment Lower link flip chip for geo adjustment (-/+ 3.5mm BB height) – preserves BB height for “over-forkers” and allows even the most sensitive riders the ability to fine-tune their ride.
- 76-degree seat tube angle
- Fits water bottle and piggyback shock
- Leverage curve designed to work with coil or air shocks
- Metric sizing; works with bearing shock eyelet
- Shock fender, shuttle guard, downtube protector, and ribbed chainstay protector
- ISCG-05 mounts
- 36T chainring clearance
- Lifetime warranty on frame, bearings, and Reserve wheels
Do you enjoy reading IMB Magazine, using our App and website? We now need your support to keep IMB going. Support IMB from as little as £2 – and it only takes a minute. Thank you!