With only days to go until the first ever TweedLove Transcend Bike Festival lands in Innerleithen, Scotland (on the 7 – 9 June), here are ten things you need to know!
1. It has just been announced that uplift, via Adrenalin Uplift, will be available at Transcend Bike Festival all weekend including the Friday when Transcenduro riders can hop on for some uplifted practice before race day on Saturday. The rest of the weekend; grab some extra downtime with your demo bike or just get a fast ride to the top to take in as many Tweed Valley trails as you can.
2. Transcend’s Mega Bike Demo will be the UK premier of the brand-new Ibis Cycles Ripley 4. It will be the first chance for riders in the UK to take it for a spin and there are only two bikes available so spots are going to be in high demand. As well as Ibis the Mega Bike Demo has nearly 30 brands bringing their top fleet for some Tweed Valley testing. Expect bikes from the likes of Canyon, Cube, Orange, Santa Cruz and Specialized.
3. Transcend has it’s very own beer! Partners, and provider of beerfest good times across the weekend, Tempest Brewing Co. have created a bespoke beer just for the festival. Expect up-front racing acidity with lingering hoppy flavours of tropical fruit and citrus, the perfect post-ride refreshment, and it’s in the coolest can ever! You’ll be able to purchase it all weekend from the Tempest bar.
4. There is a Street Food Village that’ll have you fit to burst. From Scozzese Wood Fired Pizza to famous ‘Irn-Bru pulled pork’ burritos from Bonnie Burrito to Levantine style food from The Shawarma Shack; there is something to satisfy all taste buds.
5. Transcend is as much about the good times off the bikes as on the bike. There is an insane line up of live bands and DJ’s all weekend from local talent Butter to tribute band heaven, the Kaiser Monkey Killers. As well as the tunes there are workshops, talks with the likes of Jenny Tough and even yoga classes. So, if you aren’t racing there is plenty to keep you entertained all weekend.
6. Transcenduro, Transcend’s headline event has some of the biggest names in Enduro on the start list. Canyon Factory Racing’s Florian Nicolai, current number two in the EWS rankings, and teammate Dimitri Tordo. Local legends Mark Scott and Ben Balfour as well as three of the top ten EWS women; Bex Baraona, Becky Cook and Ella Connolly. If you aren’t taking part, this one is definitely worth a watch.
7. You’ll be able to get your hands on some epic new TweedLove styled Void race jerseys from their SS19 Trail Collection at insane prices, so you can ride or race in style.
8. Europe’s most exciting e-bike adventure, The Bosch eMTB Challenge supported by Trek is coming to the UK for the first time and it’s being held at Transcend Bike Festival. You can expect top trail riding and uphill flow climbing stages combine with enduro style on a big e-xploration of the Tweed Valley trails.
9. For the first ever time at TweedLove you can stay onsite all weekend with onsite camping. You can pop up your tent on Friday 7th June 2019 and stay until Monday 10th June. If camping aint your thing, there is even glamping with memory foam mattresses, Egyptian cotton sheets, the works!
10. Trash Free Trails have been touring the country with Trek Bicycles for the first ever, nationwide, trail clean-up activation as a bid to reduce litter on the UK’s trails and wild places by 75% by 2025 and Transend Bike Festival is hosting the Trash Free Trails Spring Trail Clean Finale. On Sunday the 9th of June when the racing dust (or mud) is settling there is going to be a horde of trail cleaners the likes of which has never been seen before. The aim is to set a MASSIVE record for the most people at a Trail Clean. So, hang around, be a part of it and help to lay down an un-ignorable line in the mud against litter!
So, if you ain’t grabbed a ticket yet, what you waiting for?! Weekend passes are £10 and Under 16’s go free! Transcend really is set to be unlike anything else in the UK.
Full event details and bookings at tweedlove.com