DROP: The New Wooden Endurigide from Atelier SUJI
The Drop is a hardcore Hard Trail, to engage whatever the difficulty of the trails encountered. The frame was entirely imagined and designed at the foot of the Vercors and is made of ash from eco-managed forests in the Rhône-Alpes region. The Drop has a geometry designed to be able to engage on the most technical and steep trails.
The frame fits 27.5 and 29 inch wheels thanks to the drop-out sliders designed especially for this bike. The choice of wheel sizes also allows for a better adaptation to the rider’s body size. Or simply to enhance the efficiency, comfort and performance of larger wheels.
There are more than twenty gluing steps to make this frame. The glue used is a bio epoxy made in Portugal, it allows to seal the assemblies and to increase the resistance of the frame to shocks. Head tube, seat post, bottom bracket and drop out are made in England.
Each piece of wood is carefully selected to ensure stability and strength. Each bike that leaves the workshop is unique and is numbered with a punchable figure. The crest and frame label are screen printed.
The choice of geometry, the technical drawing, the selection and cutting of the wood, the assembling, the gluing, the carving… until the
application of the varnish, everything is done by hand.
– 65° headset angle
– 74° seatpost angle
– Rear chainstay 148x12mm Boost
– Max rear tyre size 2.6in 27.5″ and 2.4in 29″
– Frame weight is 4.8kg in size L
– Taper pivot and full integrated headset
– Possibility to mount a fork with 150 or 160 mm of travel
– A 75cl bottle can be fitted
– A cork frame guard prevents the chain from rattling and protects the rear chainstay
– All ducts are in internal passages
– The frame is varnished to protect it from shocks and UV rays
More info at ateliersuji.fr