Marin Updates Alpine Trail E Family for 2023
A staple of the Marin eMTB lineup for the past three model year, their big-hit, hard-charging Alpine Trail E models get a refresh for 2023, as well as a new entry level model.
As before, all Alpine Trail Es are built on Marins Series 4 MultiTrac aluminum frame, with 150mm rear travel, balanced by slightly longer 160mm all-mountain/enduro forks up front. Shimano STEPs drive units give the models a boost, with the E2 utilizing the latest EP801 model, and the E1 and E powered by the new EP6, all producing up to 85Nm of torque.
All models now utilize the same frame, with a capacity of up to a 630Wh battery, as used on theE2 and E1 models. The Alpine Trail E (base) is paired with a504Wh battery with the same size and shape as the larger capacity version, but can be upgraded to a larger battery in the future, if the rider is so inclined. Additionally, CushCore inserts and Marin tire sealant are now standard equipment across the range.
Alpine Trail E
Marin created a big-mountain-capable eMTB that’s probably the best value eMTB on the planet and packed in the awesome Shimano EP6 drive unit, X-Fusion suspension, 10-speed Shimano drivetrain, Vee Tire Co. rubber, plenty of kick-ass Marin components and a long-lasting internal 504Wh battery. Rounding out all this goodness are powerful 4-piston Shimano brakes with 203mm rotors.
– Series 4 MultiTrac frame, 150mm travel
– Shimano STEPs EP6 drive unit, 504Wh internal battery
– X-Fusion Trace 36 RC fork, 160mm travel
– X-Fusion O2 Pro RXC shock
– Shimano Deore 10-speed drivetrain
– Shimano MT420 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes
– Vee Tire Co. Attack HPL 29×2.5” front & Crown Gem 27.5×2.8” rear tires
– $4499 US/$5649CAD/£4355GBP/4999€
Alpine Trail E1
The Marin Alpine Trail E1 sits squarely in the middle of the Alpine Trail family, packing performance and value in equal measure. Go E1 and you’ll get an upgrade to a 630Wh battery, X-Fusion Trace 36RC / RockShox Super Deluxe Coil R suspension and a long-lasting, tough and reliable Shimano 11-speed Deore drivetrain.
Key upgrades from Alpine Trail E:
– 630Wh internal battery
– RockShox Super Deluxe Coil R shock
– Shimano Deore 11-speed drivetrain
– $4899 US/$6149 CAD/£4795GBP/5599€
Alpine Trail E2
The Alpine Trail E2 is Marins top-end Alpine Trail, ready to tame the roughest and toughest of trails. For the best of the bunch, it is equipped with the big-dog Shimano STEPs EP801 system and the long-lasting 630Wh battery, Fox 38 Performance Elite/Float DHX2 suspension and a blend of Shimano XT and SLX 12-speed, including powerful 4-piston brakes.
Key upgrades from Alpine Trail E1:
– Shimano STEPs EP801 drive unit
– Fox Performance Elite fork
– Fox Float DHX2 coil shock
– Shimano SLX/XT 12-speed drivetrain
– $6299 US/$7899 CAD/£5895GBP/6899€
All models are scheduled to be available in global markets in March/April 2023.