New RockShox Vivid
Win a GO3 Camera by Insta360 this issue in our FREE subscriber prize draw.
Big, bold, and built to maximize downhill capability and performance. The legendary Vivid has evolved to match everything from downhill to E-MTB to enduro bikes. An air shock with coil-like suppleness and unmatched durability, Vivid is designed for the most demanding riders and racers. This rear shock offers a versatile damping platform with intuitive adjustability to match every course and terrain.
NEW TOUCHDOWN TECHNOLOGY: THE PLAYMAKER
TouchDown technology is Vivid’s new position-sensitive damping system. RockShox developed a rear shock damper that’s forgiving at the beginning of its travel while staying composed in the middle and end of the stroke. Each phase of suspension action makes a seamless handoff to the next, so all you notice is that thrilling buzz at the bottom of the downhill.
Just like how you react to the range of terrain on your favorite trails, Vivid’s TouchDown technology handles whatever you drop into with comfort, confidence, and control. A rear shock that smooths out everything from stutters to senders? That’s a good call.
To give Vivid a supple ride at the beginning of its travel, TouchDown technology bypasses the compression damping generated by the main piston in the first 10% of its travel. Quieting trail chatter is just the beginning. To handle hectic terrain, the next 70% of Vivid’s travel rides on controlled and stable compression damping. Adding to TouchDown technology’s adaptability, Adjustable Hydraulic Bottom Out lets you tune rear suspension feel for the harsh hits that dip into the final 20% of travel. Go ahead and do an end-zone dance if you feel like it.
ADJUSTABLE HYDRAULIC BOTTOM OUT
Vivid features Adjustable Hydraulic Bottom Out (AHBO), which kicks in to increase compression damping within the last 20% of travel—but how much damping it offers is all on you. The key component is an adjustable dial offering five different compression settings to customize the cushioning you experience on impact. Vivid’s AHBO allows for a wider range of rebound tunes to match our customer’s frame kinematics perfectly.
NEW DEBONAIR: VIVID AIR SPRING TECHNOLOGY
What sets Vivid apart from a coil spring is the highly tunable air spring featuring DebonAir technology, containing higher volume to provide a more linear, consistent feel and improve small bump sensitivity. Vivid’s air spring makes it easy to initiate travel while adding support in the middle of the stroke and comfortable bottom-out resistance near the end of the stroke. Add Bottomless Tokens to offer more bottom-out resistance or remove them to make full use of your travel
“I hate air shocks, but I love the new Vivid.” – Kade Edwards
VIVID GOES THE DISTANCE
A true workhorse, Vivid doubles down on reliability and longevity, increasing the routine service intervals from 50 to 100 hours of well-earned miles. With Maxima Plush Dynamic Suspension Lube doing the work, Vivid’s performance and frictionless feel lasts longer, even in the harshest conditions, so you can spend more time on the trails—not in the stand.
NEW VIVID ULTIMATE: RS-VIVD-ULT-C1
Big, bold, and built for pure downhill performance, Vivid Ultimate has unmatched tunability and damping for confidence in technical terrain. With an air spring that acts like a coil, this is the latest chapter in Vivid’s legacy of reliability and rock-smashing suppleness. This premium rear shock is built to push the limits on everything from downhill to E-MTB to enduro bikes.
· NEW TouchDown RC2T damper features sensitivity and suppleness off the top while remaining stable and supportive throughout its travel. With added Adjustable Hydraulic
· Bottom Out to resist harsh hits, this position-sensitive damper offers reliable performance and tunability with energetic responsiveness at every position in the travel.
· NEW TouchDown RC2T damper features Rebound adjustment, independent High and Low Speed Compression adjustment, and an easy-to-adjust Threshold Lever for added pedaling efficiency.
· The most coil-like air spring we’ve ever built featuring the latest in DebonAir technology, Vivid’s air spring maximizes fine-tuning potential, allowing riders to match positive air volume to any bike. Increased mid-stroke support and off-the-top suppleness create an unparalleled ride feel out on the trail.
· Adjustable Hydraulic Bottom Out has five compression settings at your fingertips to customize the amount of bottom-out resistance in the last 20% of travel.
· The Rebound Knob pulls out to reveal a 3mm hex wrench that can adjust both High Speed Compression and Hydraulic Bottom Out.
· Maxima Plush Dynamic Suspension Lube reduces friction, lasts longer, and enhances suspension performance, ride after ride.
· 20 clicks of Rebound adjustment offer a wide range of tunability to accommodate all riding styles.
· Service intervals are now boosted to 100 hours of ride time, thanks to an updated dust wiper seal design and increased oil volumes.