Behind The Scenes of Vero Sandler’s ‘MAES MOVEMENTS’ film
Win a GO3 Camera by Insta360 this issue in our FREE subscriber prize draw.
Driven by the need to dig, build and ride something legit, earlier this year Vero Sandler put her name on a lease for a field near her home in North Wales. Legit meaning legally she could turn dirt without repercussions from landowners and then also in terms of making something that was of the size, style and quality of what she wanted to ride. Getting the land took a very long time but the day the papers were signed she and Sam Hodgson got to work on the tools. Three months of hard graft later and she had a dream line. The following film is the result from the first summer of sessioning. Watch out for the behind the scenes film that follows the process of building, rebuilding, tuning and practicing in this maes.
(FYI Maes is a Welsh word referring to a field set aside for a specific purpose.)
In this film Vero rides a Santa Cruz Nomad
– MX wheels (29-inch front, 27.5 rear)
– 170mm SRAM Zeb fork
– 170mm travel rear VPP travel with RockShox Super Deluxe shock
– Flip-chip geo / shock leverage adjustment
– Glovebox in-frame storage
– Available in Carbon C and Carbon CC
– Gloss Gypsum
– Available in sizes: S-XXL (Vero rides size small)
– Lifetime frame & bearing warranty