The Reverb, Revised: Introducing the Wolf Tooth ReMote Sustain
Sat 9th Sep, 2017 @ 12:30 pm
Win a Hassle’Off Multi Tool this issue in our FREE subscriber prize draw.
Could this be the ultimate upgrade for RockShox Reverb dropper posts? With its ergonomic design, smooth action, and breakaway axle, the ReMote has quickly become the go-to upgrade for cable-actuated dropper posts. But “cable-actuated” left a lot of riders out- most notably those using RockShox’s hydraulically-actuated Reverb seatpost and its pushbutton remote.
When considering the Reverb and listening to riders’ and mechanics’ comments about their experiences, we realized that many ergonomic, consistency, and maintenance issues could be addressed by removing the secondary hydraulic system in favor of a simple cable and mechanical actuator. Our Sustain mechanism leaves the internal brake untouched while simplifying Reverb Stealth seatposts substantially, freeing up significant space inside of the seatpost while allowing the use of our proven, robust, and easily-serviced ReMote lever. Tactile feedback is improved, return speeds are accelerated, and lever throw is reduced.
The patent-pending Wolf Tooth ReMote Sustain features the following:
– A leak-proof, robust, and low-maintenance mechanical actuation system
– Easy cable detachment for service or shipping
– A 40mm (1 5/8in) reduction of in-frame height when compared to Connectamajig-equipped Reverbs
– Straightforward 20-minute installation
– Reverb Stealth generation A2 and B1 compatibility
– Included Jagwire polished stainless steel cable and housing
…and brings with it all of the benefits of the class-leading Wolf Tooth ReMote including:
– Wolf Tooth’s low-profile, high-traction lever
– Easily-installed UpFront cable fixing
– A large-diameter 21mm ball-bearing pivot
– Our low-torque Cable-Kind Clamp
– A rattle-free integrated cable adjuster
– The industry-first breakaway axle pivot, making the inevitable mishaps less (financially) painful
– Available integrated brake lever mounting for Shimano I-Spec and SRAM Matchmaker X brake levers