At A Glance
It may be objective, but the first thing to say about the SingleTrack is that it looks good. As mountain bikers we’re a pretty rugged bunch and satisfyingly the SingleTrack helmet’s angles shout ‘rough and ready’ whilst there’s a hint of futuristic tech thrown into the design for good measure, with blacked-out horizontal braces lending a sleek look.Buy Helmets on
Endura’s kit tends to be solid and affordable and that’s pretty much the case here with the SingleTrack as it lines up closely in price to Giro’s Feature and comes in way under any equivalent from POC. The finish on the shell is certainly up to standard and the cradle system is snug and easy to operate, even in a pair of winter-grade gloves.
On The Trail
Used in anger out on the trails the SingleTrack helmet proved to be very well ventilated and light to the point where it was easy to forget it was even there, save for the monster adjustable peak looming down from above. Although our L-XL test lid was slightly too large for our medium heads the sizing was simple to adjust with a glove-friendly dial taking care of the wide range of cradle adjustment at the back and a set and forget vertical adjuster offering a good range of fit for different shaped craniums.
The sharp angles and bright orange certainly got some attention when riding in groups and the consensus was that it looked sturdy and reliable - pretty key things when considering you might land on it!
The sizing issue aside, the SingleTrack is a good looking, lightweight helmet that we’d be happy to reach for over and over again. Buy one if you’re the type of rider who gets a hot head or enjoys the rush of wind through your locks. Available in three solid colours (and the new black: black) the SingleTrack will make your bonce look good in a photo. We expect it will appeal very well to trail riders and enduro fiends looking for a new lid.
What Endura Say
- RRP £74.99
- Green, Orange, Black, Blue
- Super lightweight in-mould cycle helmet with removable visor (230g based on size S/M excluding visor)
- Certified to CE standard EN1078:2012
- Extended rear-wrap design for extra protection of lower head
- ClearThru™ air vents maximise air flow with minimal vent narrowing technology
- Internal HeadStream™ air flow channels direct air through the helmet
- One-hand micro-adjustment and 3 position vertical adjustment for personalised fit
- Compact chin strap with twin strap dividers
- Antibacterial, fast wicking, removable padding (spare set provided)
- Covered by Endura’s Crash Replacement Policy and Endura Product Guarantee
By James SwannOriginally from Sheffield, James lives and works in the mountain bike mecca that is the Lake District and has been falling off bikes since he was six. In between working on bike events, riding bikes, racing bikes and writing about bikes he enjoys talking about bikes with anyone who will listen. He really likes bikes.