Garmin launches new Fēnix 7 Pro & Epix Pro
“For more than a decade, many have relied on Garmin’s premium smartwatch line for all their adventures, and we are thrilled to bring training and mapping advancements to the new fēnix 7 Pro & Epix Pro Series. Whether hitting dusty trails or scaling snowy summits, the Garmin smartwatch is the ultimate companion—no matter where the path leads.” –Dan Bartel, Garmin Vice President of Global Consumer Sales
EPIX PRO SERIES HIGHLIGHTS:
Now available in three sizes, the ultimate high-performance smartwatches include vibrant AMOLED displays and built-in flashlights
– Choose from three size options to better fit any wrist.
– A built-in LED flashlight with variable intensities and strobe mode to provide greater awareness while training in the dark.
– Red Shift Mode changes display colours to shades of red to help users better acclimate to darker conditions and reduce sleep cycle disturbance.
– Stay active with dozens of new, preloaded activities including football, basketball, racquet sports, horseback riding and more.
– Get a better understanding of fitness levels with advanced training features such as hill score and endurance score.
– Runners using the Up Ahead feature can now see certain POI (point of interest) checkpoints, like aid stations, right on a map to get a better understanding of what’s ahead.
– An optimised heart rate sensor offers enhanced multisport performance tracking.
– New weather map overlays make it easier to view upcoming weather conditions & Relief shading makes topographic maps more quickly readable for glanceable awareness.
– Available models include epix Pro – 42mm, epix Pro – 47mm and epix Pro – 51mm, with options for standard and Sapphire Editions
FĒNIX 7 PRO SERIES HIGHLIGHTS:
Premium multisport GPS smartwatches with solar charging add an LED flashlight to all models plus innovative performance features and mapping upgrades
– Built-in LED flashlight: Available on all size options, variable intensities, a red safety light and strobe mode help provide greater awareness while training in the dark.
– Next-gen heart rate sensor: More spatially diverse optical sensors and sport-specific algorithms offer enhanced performance tracking for a wider variety of activities, making it easier to gain a better understanding into how the body is responding to exercise.
– Endurance score: Measure how easy it is to sustain prolonged efforts while also taking into account training data like VO2 max, short and long-term training loads and more from all other athletic pursuits.
– Hill score: Gauge how easy it is to run uphill by measuring running strength on steep climbs and running endurance on long ascents while also evaluating progress over time based on VO2 max and training history.
– Up Ahead: View certain running POI (point of interest) checkpoints, like aid stations, right on a map to get a better understanding of what’s ahead.
– Weather map overlays: More easily view upcoming weather conditions & Relief shading: Quickly read topographic maps for glanceable awareness.
– Additional preloaded activities: Whitewater rafting, motocross, overlanding and dozens of other new activities help users stay active.
Available models include fēnix 7S Pro – 42mm, fēnix 7 Pro – 47mm and fēnix 7X Pro – 51mm, with options for standard and Sapphire Editions