Garmin Release 2 New Smartwatches
Win a GO3 Camera by Insta360 this issue in our FREE subscriber prize draw.
Garmin release Venu 2 Plus and VivoMove Sport
Venu 2 Plus
· Phone calls from your wrist: make and take calls when paired with your smartphone
· Talk to your voice assistant: use your smartphone’s voice assistant to send text messages, ask questions, control smart home devices and more
· All of the premium health and fitness features included with the Venu 2 series
· The newest entry to the vívomove hybrid smartwatch series – priced at just £159.99!
· Looks like a traditional smartwatch with real ticking hands that move away to reveal a hidden touchscreen display
· Features connected GPS and Garmin’s most popular health and wellness features, women’s health tracking, safety features and more.
Take calls and send texts by voice activation
Say hello to new voice functionality — When connected to your smartphone, Venu 2 Plus puts calls, texts, and even access to your phone’s voice assistant, right on your wrist.
The Venu® 2 Plus GPS smartwatch lets users take calls and use their compatible smartphone’s voice assistant to send texts, ask questions, and so much more. These connected capabilities join the robust suite of health, wellness and fitness features of Garmin’s Venu 2 Series, including: sleep score with insights, stress tracking, energy monitoring, Pulse Ox1, women’s health features and a wide variety of fitness and workout options. With a bright AMOLED display and a battery life of up to 9 days, the Venu 2 Plus is a direct line to wellbeing.
“Garmin has quite literally answered the call for adding on-device voice capabilities to the latest Venu smartwatch,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales. “For the active lifestyle customer, multi-tasking is crucial, and now Garmin customers have the ability to answer a call or send a text without digging through their pocket or bag.”
Here’s what’s new for the Venu 2 Plus:
· Phone calls from the wrist: Make and take phone calls with the press of a button.
· Voice assistant control: Compatible with Siri, Google Assistant or Bixby, users can use their smartphone’s voice assistant to send texts, ask questions, control compatible smart home devices and more.
All-day health monitoring
The Venu 2 Plus dials into wellbeing with the broadest range of 24/7 health monitoring features available, including: heart rate (with user-configurable alerts for high or low readings2), advanced sleep with sleep score and insights by Firstbeat AnalyticsTM, breathwork activities, fitness age, respiration, Pulse Ox, all-day stress, hydration, and women’s health (menstrual cycle tracking and pregnancy tracking). Body BatteryTM energy monitoring shows users how “charged” their body is as well as the draining effects of stress and exercise. Health SnapshotTM logs a two-minute window of key health stats and generates a report users can share with a health care provider; a great tool for capturing physiological data anytime you’re feeling off your baseline.
The Venu 2 Plus pulls in all of the latest fitness features recently introduced on the Venu 2 series including 25+ built-in indoor and GPS sports apps with favorites that include walking, running, HIIT, cycling, pool swimming, Pilates, yoga, indoor climbing, hiking, advanced strength training with muscle map graphics and more.
Keep fitness feeling fresh with preloaded workouts on the watch, preset workouts available to download from Garmin ConnectTM app on your smartphone, and create your own customisable workouts by choosing from over 1,400 exercises. The Venu 2 Plus has 75+ preset animated workouts for cardio, yoga, strength, HIIT and Pilates that demonstrate proper form and technique in Garmin Connect and on the wrist. Whether training for a 5K or something longer, the Venu 2 Plus is compatible with Garmin Coach free adaptive training plans.
Safety and tracking
In addition to being able to quickly make a call without digging for a phone, the Venu 2 Plus also includes Garmin’s safety and tracking features like automatic incident detection (during outdoor walks, runs or rides)3 and manually triggered assistance alerts, both of which send a message with the user’s location to their emergency contacts. LiveTrack lets friends and family track the user’s outdoor activity3. Users can assign a designated emergency contact that the Venu 2 Plus can call, such as local emergency services.
Smart features on the wrist
The Venu 2 Plus keeps the essentials on the wrist with built-in music (download up to 650 songs including playlists from Spotify®, Amazon Music, and Deezer4), Garmin PayTM contactless payments5, and smart notifications for calls, texts, calendar reminders, social media updates, breaking news stories and more3. Personalise the Venu 2 Plus with apps, watch faces and more available to download from the Connect IQTM store. Unlike many other smartwatches, the Venu 2 Plus can be used with either Android or Apple® smartphones.
Designed for all-day wear
· The Venu 2 Plus is available in three versatile colourways with a 43mm watch case, stainless steel bezel and hardware, and a comfortable, 20mm industry-standard quick release silicone band. Mix and match bands and bezels for a customised look with Your Watch Your Way.
· Durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 touchscreen AMOLED display with optional, always-on mode.
· Impressive battery life of up to 9 days in smartwatch mode and up to 8 hours in GPS + Music mode.
· Rapid battery recharge with 10 minutes of charging adds up to 1 day of smartwatch mode battery life or 1 hour of GPS + music battery life. Extend the time further with battery saver mode.
The Venu 2 Plus has a suggested retail price of £399.99 and is available now on Garmin.com.
The Vivomoe Sport
The vívomove Sport has the appearance of a traditional watch with the essentials of a smartwatch. It is designed with real ticking watch hands and a hidden display that only appears when needed. Interact with the touchscreen, and the hands dynamically move away.
Inspired by the luxe comfort trend, the vívomove Sport features a silicone band and colour-coordinated watch dial in warm colourways and a soft green reminiscent of sophisticated wellness aesthetics. Refined metallic accents add dimension and lend a sleek, contemporary feel. Express yourself by choosing a custom colour combination with Your Watch Your Way.
Health and wellness
Know your body better with an extensive range of tools that leverage Garmin’s industry-leading health features for whole body well-being.
· The vívomove Sport provides health awareness by monitoring respiration, Pulse Ox1, stress, advanced sleep (with sleep stages), hydration logging and 24/7 heart rate (with user-configurable alerts for high or low readings)2.
· Body BatteryTM energy monitoring shows the body’s current energy level which can help with scheduling workouts, big events, and understanding when it is time to slow down.
· Women’s health features, including menstrual cycle tracking and pregnancy tracking, support women during each stage of their reproductive cycle with the ability to log symptoms alongside their other health and wellness data in the Garmin ConnectTM app.
· Breathwork activities guide the user through a relaxing series of breaths and holds for focus and stress relief.
Fit and sporty
Like its name suggests, the vívomove Sport is equally at home in the gym as it is on the town with friends, and includes a variety of features to enable an active lifestyle.
· Includes built-in sports apps for yoga, strength, Pilates, cardio, treadmill, cycling and more.
· Connects to a compatible smartphone’s GPS to accurately track distance and pace during outdoor walks, runs and bike rides.
· Monitor activity throughout the day with step counting, calories burned, intensity minutes and more.
Safety and tracking features send a message with the user’s location to their emergency contacts3 for peace of mind when out and about.
The vívomove Sport’s unique hybrid design allows users to discreetly stay connected when paired with a compatible smartphone.
Battery life of up to 5 days in smartwatch mode with up to an additional day in watch mode (hands only).
Smart notifications for incoming calls, text messages, social media updates and alerts. AndroidTM users can respond to texts. See what the day holds with a dedicated calendar screen.
Health and fitness data lives all in one place in the Garmin Connect app where users can go to connect, compete and share.
Unlike many smartwatches, the vívomove Sport can be used with either Android or Apple® smartphones.
The vívomove Sport has a suggested retail price of £159.99 and is available now on Garmin.com